OUR CURRENT HOLIDAY CLUB SET UP
Our Holiday Club is open to all Primary aged Children who attend Trafalgar Infant & Greenway Academy school or Greenway Nursery this is to ensure the highest quality of care at all times and to maintain the unique exclusive character of our club we limit our numbers to just 15 children per bubble. (Reception & Nursery, KS1 & KS2)
We will provide children with a fruit and biscuit snack in the morning and afternoon but ask that children are provided with a packed lunch each day to avoid the increased contact involved with our customary shared lunches. Parents are free to provide a snack too if they so wish. All children should have a named water bottle on every session (although it is fine to fill this with squash if you wish). Please ensure your child has had breakfast before coming to Holiday Club.
Our highly qualified and experienced staff offer a two tier attendance system: a Long Day or a Short Day.
A Long Day (8:00 - 18:00) costs £35 and includes a morning snack and an afternoon snack.
A Short Day (9:00 - 16:00) costs £28 and includes a morning snack.
Our extensive, bespoke Rainbow Club room is a permanent set-up which is well equipped to offer a wide range of activities including an interactive whiteboard, arts and crafts, reading, Lego, chess and other board games. There is also a pool table which is very popular and a complete dining and kitchen area where the children can help prepare their own lunch, snacks, pizzas, and enjoy baking biscuits and cakes. When the weather permits, we have full use of the Academy playing field and the Adventure Trail; We also have the advantage of our own Foundation Stage facilities, both indoors and out of doors, which is permanently set up to meet the needs of Early Years children. A typical week would include activities such as:
- Science Experiments
- Planting and Gardening
- Outdoor Adventure Activities
- Indoor and Outdoor Group Games (including Inflatable Sports)
- Creative and Messy Large Scale Art Projects
- Team Games using the Interactive Whiteboard
Throughout the day, we’ll provide the children with nutritional snacks such as fruit, cereals, toast, fruit loaf, carrots etc as well as make sure they have plenty of milk or water to drink. This is included in the price. If your child has a particular allergy please let us know before hand.
Parent Rules for Summer Holiday Club 2020
- The rules below have been devised in our capacity as an Early Years setting and may change if and when government advice changes – we will notify parents if this is the case.
- A ‘Well Children Only’ is policy in operation – no coughs or colds at all allowed in the setting. This includes if any member of the household has a cough, high temperature or change / loss in sense of taste or smell. (We will refund or rebook if cancelled by email or telephone up to 30 minutes before the session.)
- Parents must check their children’s health and temperature at home prior to attending the Holiday Club. Health and temperature checks will be conducted on all children as they arrive at Holiday Club and when the children sit for lunch. Admittance is subject to the passing of this check. (We will not refund or rebook sessions where an unwell child is brought to the setting.)
- Children attending our Holiday Club should not attend any other Holiday Club provision within 14 days prior to their session.
- We will provide children with a fruit and biscuit snack in the morning and afternoon but ask that children are provided with a packed lunch each day to avoid the increased contact involved with our customary shared lunches
- Only children who are symptom free and have completed the required isolation period should attend the setting, including if any household member has had any Coronavirus symptoms.
- Due to the ad hoc nature of the Holiday Clubs, it is necessary to limit and trace the close contacts of children and adults throughout the Summer
- In line with Public Health England advice, any close contacts of a confirmed coronavirus case would be asked to self-isolate at home to 14 days. This only applies to the child or staff member, not their whole family, but does mean that all logged contacts of a confirmed case will need to cancel their sessions for the following 2 weeks (with a full refund).
- Only parents who are symptom free and or have completed the required isolation periods will be able to drop off or collect their child
- Aim to limit drop off and pick up to 1 parent / carer per family, wherever possible
- Parents to drop off and collect from the outside Red room door or the nursery garden gate, keeping conversation at handover as brief as possible and maintaining 2 metres distance from staff. The top step and the garden gate distancing area (both marked in red tape) is out of bounds to all parents in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- When parents are waiting to drop off or collect their child, physical distancing should be maintained in a safe area following the taped queueing marks on the floor.
- Markings on the floor to designate 2m distance zones.
- Parents are not to enter the building when dropping off or collecting.
- It is vital that parents only have face-to-face discussions with Holiday Club staff that are most urgent and cannot be discussed by telephone
- Wherever possible staff and parents should travel to the nursery alone, using their own transport
- If public transport is necessary, current guidance on the use of public transport must be followed
- Children should wear clean clothes to Holiday Club, changed daily.
- Under no circumstances is a child allowed to wear a face mask at Holiday Club.
- Children should not be permitted to bring items from home into the setting unless absolutely essential for their wellbeing. Where this is the case items should be appropriately cleaned upon arrival. No ‘Mussies’ or comfort blankets can be brought into the setting. Additionally, we are not able to allow children to bring any toys, sticker books, electronic devices of any kind or any other personal belongings except those mentioned such as a named lunch box and named water bottle.